What is NFADB?
The National Family Association for Deaf-Blind (NFADB) is a non-profit, volunteer-based family association. Our philosophy is that individuals who are deaf-blind are valued members of society and are entitled to the same opportunities and choices as other members of the community. We are the largest national network of families focusing on issues surrounding deaf blindness.
NFADB exists to empower the voices of families of individuals who are deaf-blind and advocate for their unique needs.
NFADB believes that individuals who are deaf-blind are valued members of society and are entitled to the same opportunities and choices as other members of their community.
What Are The Functions Of NFADB?
- Train and support families as they advocate for their needs
- Collaborate with organizations, such as NCDB, DB-Link, National Coalition on Deafblindness, AADB, AFB to strengthen consumer and family representation at the national level.
- Advise professionals researching best practices for educating, training and assisting individuals who are deaf-blind.
What We Offer Members And Affiliates:
- Membership in a nationally recognized organization
- Networking with families who have similar needs
- Access to information: website, listserv, newsletter
- Affiliation for state family organizations
- Topical training for affiliate parent groups